We spoke to Guillaume Boudin, CEO of Sofrecom, concerning the altering telecoms ecosystem and why unifying your staff behind the corporate’s raison d’être is so necessary.
Sofrecom is a consulting and engineering firm centered principally on the telecoms market. We’re accompany telcos of their enterprise growth and transformation, with a major deal with Africa and Center East.
Our principal websites are in France, Tunisia, Morocco, and Dubai.
As a subsidiary of Orange Group, we’re working, after all, with all Orange international locations across the globe and in addition with different telcos, so long as they aren’t immediately competing with Orange.
As CEO of Sofrecom, in very fast-paced markets, I have to be certain that we proceed to satisfy our prospects’ expectations and that we anticipate modifications within the digital sector with the right expertise and experience, the right affords and organisation, and by capitalizing on our completely different belongings globally.
Out of your perspective, how do telcos must evolve to stay aggressive within the fashionable connectivity ecosystem?
I’ll point out 5 key evolutions for telcos from which they will differentiate in very aggressive environments. These 5 evolutions are: changing into extra Inexperienced, extra Agile , extra Clever, extra Progressive, and extra Safe.
- Extra Inexperienced: This can be a key development in all sectors. Inexperienced providers and inexperienced suppliers might be an increasing number of requested by prospects, each for client and B2B markets. With the drastic enhance of power prices, applications to cut back networks’ power consumption have already been arrange in all places.
- Extra Agile: There must be extra agility for community administration due to community virtualisation and softwarisation, extra agility for brand spanking new providers growth by means of shut interactions with prospects, and extra agility inside the groups and organisations in very fast-paced markets.
- Extra Clever: With the roll-out of information advert AI use circumstances, we will enhance buyer expertise, automate components of operational actions, and assist forestall unfavourable community occasions, like outages and frauds.
- Extra Progressive: Innovation being not solely on expertise and new providers, but additionally on new enterprise fashions in our wealthy and sophisticated ecosytems.
- Extra Safe: With extra resilient infrastructures for networks and information centres, and with stronger cyberdefense capabilities.
As Sofrecom, what are the important thing areas your organization is helping telcos with?
Sofrecom, as a consulting and engineering firm centered principally on the telecom sector, can intervene on many of the above factors. This consists of serving to telcos to outline and roll-out motion plans to cut back power prices and their carbon footprint; implement agile and digital fashions throughout organisations; design and migrate to new networks or IT infrastructures; establish and deploy information and AI use circumstances to enhance buyer expertise or inner operational effectivity; analyse market evolutions to construct new enterprise fashions and launch new affords; and enhance community protection, high quality of service, resiliency, and safety.
You spoke on the Firm Tradition panel at Whole Telecom Congress taking a look at quite a lot of topics equivalent to cultural transformation, range and inclusion, and constructing a profitable working tradition. What do you think about the important thing components telcos should think about when attempting to enhance their firm tradition?
To enhance firm tradition, we’d like first to be clear on the idea: what’s the firm’s raison d’être and the mission of the completely different groups?
We have to contain the groups in frequent objectives the place everybody is inspired to participate. We have to guarantee our employees proceed to develop and on the identical time appeal to new expertise. We have to be clear on the values we need to promote and lead by exemple.
In very quick altering markets and sophisticated environments, three values are crucial for telcos but additionally for a lot of different firms:
- Workforce spirit, with the capability to work transversally
- Agility , with the capability to adapt rapidly
- Variety, with the capability to have a number of completely different profiles and get one of the best from the groups
Relating to inclusion and going past firm tradition, I’d even say that digital inclusion is a part of a telco’s mission when offering communication providers, web entry and cellular cost providers.
For his or her unimaginable work on enhancing gender equality in thet telecoms sector, Sofrecom Tunisie was awarded the Individuals & Tradition Award at this 12 months’s World Communication Awards.
To study extra about how your organization can participate within the World Communication Awards 2023, celebrating 25 years of excellence within the telecoms business, please contact Whole Telecom MD Rob Chambers at email@example.com.